Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Law and the Prophets...

This bullshit here: 2 Kings 22:8
Then Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the scribe, “I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord.” And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan who read it.

Jeremiah, the son of Hilkiah, wrote in resposne: Jeremiah 7:21-24
Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh.  For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.’ Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but walked in their own counsels and in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.

Jeremiah 8:8
“How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

Amos wrote: Amos 5:21-25
“I hate, I reject your festivals, nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies. “Even though you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them; And I will not even look at the peace offerings of your fatlings. “Take away from Me the noise of your songs;
I will not even listen to the sound of your harps. “But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.  “Did you present Me with sacrifices and grain offerings in the wilderness for forty years, O house of Israel?

Micah wrote: Micah 6:6-8
With what shall I come to the Lord and bow myself before the God on high? Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings, with yearling calves? Does the Lord take delight in thousands of rams, in ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

And finally...

Isaiah wrote: Isaiah 1:11-17
“What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?” Says the Lord. “I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed cattle;
And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats. “When you come to appear before Me, who requires of you this trampling of My courts? “Bring your worthless offerings no longer, incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly. “I hate your new moon festivals and your appointed feasts, they have become a burden to Me; I am weary of bearing them. “So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you; yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are covered with blood. “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow.

When you remove the awful scriptures/laws that were written by depraved and heartless individuals - such as Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, and several others that enforced sacrifices of flesh and awful maltreatment of people (such as young women and homosexuals), a statement such as this finally makes a whole lot of sense:

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets."