Saturday, August 18, 2007

Africa Shall Be Free...

I said to Yahweh, "I see a people burdened by pain and oppression,
A people cursed by their own blood."

Yahweh said to me, "Echo the song 'Africa Shall Be Free'".

So I sung to Yahweh, "I look towards the future with lots of confidence,
Good over evil, don't want no violence,
The righteous will be rejoicing, rejoicing.
And I know, I know, all Africa shall be free.
Shall be free, so listen to my plea.

Put away the guns, and those evil devices,
Why hurt your sister, why take your brother's life?
Have some tolerance, you should learn to socialize,
For I'm a warrior of truths and rights.
Listen to my words, you can even analyze;
Words of wisdom will surely open up your eyes.
Unity is strength, why are we living so wide?
Division is weakness, so we need not fight.
For we all are one, we all are one."

Yahweh stopped me and said, "Afrika will be free."

I looked up to the night sky, to the moving stars,
I asked Yahweh, "When has there ever been freedom without war?"